Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking my Wife would be right behind me and serve as a rest of sorts, but there's several inches between us.

So I need a backrest. I'm wondering about using the removable Vic backrest, esp with a passenger on board.

Input here from those who've solved this issue would be appreciated.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was thinking my Wife would be right behind me and serve as a rest of sorts, but there's several inches between us.

So I need a backrest. I'm wondering about using the removable Vic backrest, esp with a passenger on board.

You seek the Grasshopper backrest, young padowan.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've got the vic backrest. Works great for me. The only issue we've had is her getting on and off the bike because it gets in her way. Typically what we do is I get on first, lean forward and pull it forward with me. She gets on, pulls it back, then I sit up. Getting off is the same thing in reverse.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I also have the Vic backrest on my CCT and it works great for my wife and I.

·
Registered
11 Posts

MMGUT; Not to steal your thread,, But,,,, I have a 2013 new to me CCT/XCT that came with the backrest bracket install but no backrest... I looked but did not find any ID information on the bracket itself, but it looks like the backrest is the removal type. Was wondering if all of the backrest fit the bracket or are they all different setups?

Thanks and Sorry Again for the steal

Mike...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I had a Saddlemen Sofa seat on my Wing that had a backrest. I kept the backrest when I traded the Wing and it fits perfectly into the Vic bracket.

I simply lean forward, the wife stands onto her left floorboard with her left foot, swings her right leg up and over, giving me a boot in the back as she does so, and sits down. She keeps apologizing but I know she does it on purpose coz at that point, I can't fight back!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with the Kuryakyn plug-n-go based on the fact that the Vic rest plus mount was too $$.
Spent $177 shipped and comes with a mount. I'll see how I like it but most Kuryakyn stuff is pretty well made and designed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
MMGUT; Not to steal your thread,, But,,,, I have a 2013 new to me CCT/XCT that came with the backrest bracket install but no backrest... I looked but did not find any ID information on the bracket itself, but it looks like the backrest is the removal type. Was wondering if all of the backrest fit the bracket or are they all different setups?

Thanks and Sorry Again for the steal

Mike...
I have this same question. Do any of these seats fit into the Vic seat mount or do they all come with their own mount you install? Does the Grasshopper fit into the Victory seat mount? Still not clear on that.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have this same question. Do any of these seats fit into the Vic seat mount or do they all come with their own mount you install? Does the Grasshopper fit into the Victory seat mount? Still not clear on that.
I can tell you that the Saddlemen backrest fits into the Vic backrest bracket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got my CCT used a couple of years ago and it had the Vic back rest. My wife rides some and I lay the backrest forward/down, she hops on first. It may not be the technicical correct way for us to board but it is easier for her. I enjoy our rides together so we do what we have to do to ride. On longer rides I would not be without a backrest, it just makes it more comfortable to change riding positions. I had a old Voyager it also had a back rest.

Until next time----ride!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Grasshopper

I had the same question about the hardware with the Grasshopper. I'm looking forward to the ride to Sturgis this year (from Vegas, about 1,100 miles there) but would enjoy it more with a backrest.

Do I need any other hardware with their $85 backrest?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's what I was wondering. I bought a used XC and it has the mount under the seat but wanted to find out if the grasshopper fits that or not.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
When I got mine, it came with everything you needed. I took off

the seat and removed the strap thingy and put the mount in its

place.

I kept the screws a little loose and put the seat back on ( unbolted)

to make sure it was in the right position. Removed the seat and

tightened the bolts down and put the seat back on. I rode from

Southern Oregon to Glacier National park and was REALLY glad I put

it on. Another good point is that you can take it off by just pulling

it up in case you don't want to ride with it on.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went with the Kuryakyn plug-n-go based on the fact that the Vic rest plus mount was too $$.
Spent $177 shipped and comes with a mount. I'll see how I like it but most Kuryakyn stuff is pretty well made and designed.
Received the Kuryakyn rest and it's going back. Hardware seems acceptable but the vinyl feels cheap and the stitching of the segments isn't symmetrical.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not happy with their products I got as well. I bought their metal gel grips and they were so tight at the throttle I would twist and it stayed open without the cables being attached. Not good quality, just cheap from what I can tell.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I contacted the company that makes the Grasshopper seat and they said that it comes with everything you need. Very tempted to go ahead and pick it up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts