Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have my speedometer unlocked but have read in past threads that some have hooked up the temp sensor and it worked on locked speedos. Does anybody know if this is true? My tach should be at my door next week so I figured since I will have the headlight bucket apart I would add the temp sensor while I was at it.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I do not have my speedometer unlocked but have read in past threads that some have hooked up the temp sensor and it worked on locked speedos. Does anybody know if this is true? My tach should be at my door next week so I figured since I will have the headlight bucket apart I would add the temp sensor while I was at it.
Who said it works without unlocking? :confused:

You can still install the sensor if you have it, and if you do unlock the speedo later on, you won't have to re-open the headlight bucket to add the sensor at that time. The unlock happens at the dealer via the digital wrench. ;)

·
Registered
881 Posts
alright i may be dumb but i dont understand what yall r talking about :confused:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it will work without unlocking. If you plug in the sensor, ambient air will be displayed. I have this setup on my bike.

Ride safe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks vagabond, that is what I needed to hear. I just can't bring myself to paying for the dealership to unlock something that should have been done from the factory plus I really don't need all that information but the ambient air would be kind of neat.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who said it works without unlocking? :confused:

You can still install the sensor if you have it, and if you do unlock the speedo later on, you won't have to re-open the headlight bucket to add the sensor at that time. The unlock happens at the dealer via the digital wrench. ;)
I guess vagabond does! I don't have the sensor yet but will order it today or Monday. Probably order your HID light while I am at it.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Was surprised at how accurate mine is .. The one had on my Ultra was useless replaced it with an Oil Temp Gauge which I did like having .. Only time mine doesn't read right on the XC is when sitting out in the hot sun for a while but 10 miles down the road is back spot on ..

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I put a little chrome analog thermometer on my handlebar. Wraps around it like a ring. My wife thinks I'm goofy and she's probably right. If it's extremely cold or hot out, knowing the exact value doesn't change my misery a bit.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Where do you get the temp sensor? Is it hard to install? Can you make it read in Celsius? I have an unlocked speedo and the features are I miles per gallon. Is there a way to change it to ligers per kilometre? I live in canada eh!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I am pretty sure the instructions are in you owners manual.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Mika, that is one of the threads I came across when doing the search. The other Vic forum has a thread on it to.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good read and for $2.00 bucks how can you go wrong!:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts