1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
426 Posts
IMO I do not like the way the headlight sticks out. I wish that someone made one similar but it reached out to the end of the headlight. Maybe a "Bob Dron" Style would look better?

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. That's kind of been my thoughts all along as well. I'm hoping someone made a bullet style that fit, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe I"ll have someone fab one up. Or, for the first time ever, give laying glass or something a try. Only to eventually give up and see that it looks like hell and ultimately pay someone who knows what they're doing to do it. lol

·
Registered
536 Posts
maybe i am one of the rare few, but i like the Bob Dron fairing on the Arlen Ness XR (last pic)... when I contacted them about the mounting brackets, they even said that I would have to come up with something custom. its one of the reasons I am still searching out a set of factory mounting brackets for our XR windshields.. I want to be able to swap it back to the factory windshield without having to screw up the one i have in case i don't like how it rides...

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
maybe i am one of the rare few, but i like the Bob Dron fairing on the Arlen Ness XR (last pic)... when I contacted them about the mounting brackets, they even said that I would have to come up with something custom. its one of the reasons I am still searching out a set of factory mounting brackets for our XR windshields.. I want to be able to swap it back to the factory windshield without having to screw up the one i have in case i don't like how it rides...
I know you don't need a whole windshield but I was able to score a medium height OEM XR windshield with brackets for under $150 new. Lots of dealers getting rid of Victory parts, found mine on Amazon from a dealer in the midwest.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I know you don't need a whole windshield but I was able to score a medium height OEM XR windshield with brackets for under $150 new. Lots of dealers getting rid of Victory parts, found mine on Amazon from a dealer in the midwest.
i will have to check it out. thanks for the heads up.
hell i would take any of them for the right price. :)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I plan on keeping my XR for a long time and figured I had better start putting back parts that may be hard to find and the windshield was at the top of my list. I wasn't paying the $599 some places still want for it but for $150 I was sold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts