Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read here or somewhere else about a rumor that Crimson is being discontinued on the XR. I can confirm first hand that this is true.

I was at Randy's Cycle picking up my bike and noticed a brighter red new 2011 XR on the showroom floor. Randy had my bike to touch up the paint on the bottom of the rear fender, and he told me that Crimson was discontinued. He said this new bike was Sunset Red, the same color that came on Visions. He also had a Lehman Vision Trike there in the same color. Both of us agreed that we like Crimson better, as it is a richer, deeper red.

I picked up a touch-up paint bottle that I ordered, and now that it is definitely discontinued I am glad I did. Here is the part:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Bryman,
Thanks for the Part Number! Just in case I have another incident (daughter backing into bike) I ordered 2 cans of spray paint and 2 bottles of touch up paint. You have to order 2 at a time so I'll have extra if by chance somebody else can't get their dealer to order it.

In case anyone wants to order and their dealer can't figure out the paint code here's what you need to know. The Parts Dept can bring up Ask Polaris and enter your VIN. Once they get the VIN they can bring up vehicle details which includes the color / paint code / Part Number. They can go into their ordering screen and bring up the Part Nubmer from there. I believe the touch up paint comes from Color Rite and takes a week or so to come in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts