Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had cruise installed on my 2010 XR.

My hubby suggested having it placed on the left handlebar rather than the throttle side.

Great idea! My hands are small and fingers short. Works great.

Dixie

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lady,

Thank you for the pics and interesting move on the cruise. Where did you find the hand guards, what make and where may I find them?

Charro

·
Registered
356 Posts
It makes a lot more sense to have the cruise control on the left side. It's quite a reach from the throttle to turn it on with your right hand, and not too safe to reach over with your left. I wish they would have done this from the factory. Maybe I'll swap mine over too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wind deflectors are home made. My hubby found the instructions to make them several years ago. I have the instructions in a PDF file if you would like them.

I could email them to you.

Dixie

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lady,

I am certainly not as handy as your husband. However, I would like to see the plans/instructions to see if I can manage it.

Can you post it as an attachment?

Charro

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hand deflectors

Here is a link to the hand wind deflectors on Ladyrider's bike. They take about 1/2 an hour to make.

http://crapmods.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7684
Amazing: Makes me wonder if whoever thought this one up thought his bike was a "piece o trash":confused:
Or perhaps he was always "trash talking" his riding buddies?:ltr:
Actually, these do belong on a ladies bike since they notoriously bad at taking out the trash......at least this way it will end up at the curb, finally!dance 1

All kidding aside, I previously rode a jap bike with no fairing & man those hands got cold! If this was my wife's ride, I would of had the dealer throw on heated grips for her when the cruise was added.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Heated grips

Amazing: Makes me wonder if whoever thought this one up thought his bike was a "piece o trash":confused:
Or perhaps he was always "trash talking" his riding buddies?:ltr:
Actually, these do belong on a ladies bike since they notoriously bad at taking out the trash......at least this way it will end up at the curb, finally!dance 1

All kidding aside, I previously rode a jap bike with no fairing & man those hands got cold! If this was my wife's ride, I would of had the dealer throw on heated grips for her when the cruise was added.
Heated grips keep the palm warm but do little for the wind on the back of the hands. They will come off as soon as it is warmer. We ride quite a bit after the fair weather riders have long since went into hibernation. Ladyrider put over 17K miles and I put over 22K miles on my V Star 1300 & Goldwing "Jap" Bikes last season. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts