Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with or have a Grasshopper Ltd. Driver backrest?
Pros, Cons?

Other suggestions for Driver Backrest on my 2012 XR?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any issues with a Passenger when backrest is in place?
When removed, is there any hardware or brackets sticking up/out?

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Anyone familiar with or have a Grasshopper Ltd. Driver backrest?
Pros, Cons?

Other suggestions for Driver Backrest on my 2012 XR?

Thanks
The only negative comments I've heard about the Grasshopper was early on when the plate holding backrest was a little flimsy. They have corrected that issue quite some time ago though.

You can see the GH backrest doesn't go up as high as the some of the other ones like Victory, Mustang, (which are interchangeable) and the Utopia. Utopia also has a shorter version they make for police bikes but don't advertise it for some reason. It's to allow the officer to dismount quickly.

There is a new one I heard about not long ago here called CZR. You can check out the link below to see it.

http://www.comfortzoneride.com/products/easy-ride-support-with-easy-plug-for-victory-cross-country

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a Grasshopper backrest, love it, easy on/off, nothing sticks up or pokes out, good back support when the wife/girlfriend is not with, if your wife is "robust" she may not fit with it in place but, if your like me, you prefer her "bumpers" for back support any way. Best part, Grasshopper isn't trying to send all their kids and the neighbors kids to college on the price of their back rest, unlike the "other guys". Can't beat $100 bucks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
+1 on the Utopia...just get the police smaller removable version and all is well. Been happy with mine for many miles.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have a Grasshopper backrest, love it, easy on/off, nothing sticks up or pokes out, good back support when the wife/girlfriend is not with, if your wife is "robust" she may not fit with it in place but, if your like me, you prefer her "bumpers" for back support any way. Best part, Grasshopper isn't trying to send all their kids and the neighbors kids to college on the price of their back rest, unlike the "other guys". Can't beat $100 bucks.
Agreed. Can't see spending twice the money for something that does the same thing, unless you want it to be adjustable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts