Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a Kingpin front fender will fit a XR? It looks like there may be a clearance issue with the plastic oil cooler shroud.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
XR has only been around a short time so it's doubtful anyone has tried it. Give it a shot and post pics!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
This is a pic of an XC fender on a Vegas that the owner threw Kingpin forks on. As you can see its a direct fit, so clearance will be your issue.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I KNOW the XC fender is a direct bolt on for the Hammer and Kingpin so the KP will fit the XC but as far as the clearance goes I have no idea. Here is an alternative that will give you the clearance.
http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=626_629&products_id=693
Thanks, but I like the longer look and think it would compliment the longer rear fender better than the trendy wedge hairdo look.

http://www.hairpedia.com/hair-styles/print-hairstyle.php?to=print&pic_id=2235

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Thanks, but I like the longer look and think it would compliment the longer rear fender better than the trendy wedge hairdo look.

http://www.hairpedia.com/hair-styles/print-hairstyle.php?to=print&pic_id=2235

You misunderstood the link. It isn't for the fender but the rake kit. The rake will give you the clearance for a KP fender although you have to use a 21 or 23 inch wheel. If you decide to go with a 21 or 23 Ness sells a fender kit to clear the taller wheel.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You misunderstood the link. It isn't for the fender but the rake kit. The rake will give you the clearance for a KP fender although you have to use a 21 or 23 inch wheel. If you decide to go with a 21 or 23 Ness sells a fender kit to clear the taller wheel.
Aha! thumb up

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Could always lower the back end an inch or two to go with the rake kit and use the stock wheel. Just a more affordable way to skin the same potato. I don't skin cats. ;)

I don't know much about "rake and Trail" in regard to bikes but I do know that the KM rake kit is designed to keep the trail correct but only with the 21 or 23 inch tire. I also know that the incorrect trail can cause tank slap at higher speeds.

Bbob does lowering the rear change the trail?

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
Good question Diamond. Kevin and I were just talking about that on another thread. In my mind it works but maybe the math doesn't so it's probably better to talk with Big Joe at KM to be sure. Kevin went with a 6o rake to keep it as stock handling as possible. If dropping the back end 1" does the same thing as a 21" front wheel; all the better.

At $1150 for just a front wheel and tire; my thought is to get the look without breaking the bank.

You and Kevin are probably right though. The numbers just don't work that way.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know much about "rake and Trail" in regard to bikes but I do know that the KM rake kit is designed to keep the trail correct but only with the 21 or 23 inch tire. I also know that the incorrect trail can cause tank slap at higher speeds.

Bbob does lowering the rear change the trail?
Increasing the trail will slow the steering. It also makes the front end flap around at low speeds. I am big on handling and I wouldn't screw up a bike's dynamics for the sake of appearance, but you are right that I did miss the purpose of your link. I just saw another wedge cut fender and moved on.

Harley et al have developed triple trees that have a greater rake than the steering head rake and that supposedly gives a more raked appearance without sacrificing the trail ergo handling.

For me, if the Pin fender won't fit as is, I'll live with the wedge cut...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts