Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting a second windshield to just put back in case something happens to my current one. Right now you can find the Victory OEM mid-height windshield at several different places for und $200. That is windshield and mounting hardware, not a bad deal compared to the original $500+ price tag. The down side is that mid height is the only option I can find and I run a the short OEM version. I will still probably have to go with Cee Baileys for a replacement.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been thinking about getting a second windshield to just put back in case something happens to my current one. Right now you can find the Victory OEM mid-height windshield at several different places for und $200. That is windshield and mounting hardware, not a bad deal compared to the original $500+ price tag. The down side is that mid height is the only option I can find and I run a the short OEM version. I will still probably have to go with Cee Baileys for a replacement.
Any links to where? Also, do you by any chance know what the measurement is on the mid-height? Thx

·
Registered
262 Posts
Buy the mid and cut it down to the size you need. I did that with the high when I couldn't find the mid in stock in Canada last year. All you need is a jigsaw, some painters tape and marker, ruler, and some MEK to rub the edges of the cut.

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got a WS from 7jrock and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
540 Posts
well if anyone picks up another windshield and has a spare set of mounting brackets, pm me or something.. i would love to snag another set to try some other options with my xr. don't even care if they are rusty or chipping or anything... as long as they are straight i can work with it. :)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought the Medium windshield off of a Polaris dealer on Amazon for $150 shipped. There are more on Amazon and fleabay as well as Honda East have a few for sell as well but $150 was by far the cheapest I found. Arrived today and man the medium shield seems like a barn door compared to my OEM shorty but atleast I got a back up shield and one a little taller if I plan on a long excursion on the interstate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts