Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be your guys recommendations on a radio and speaker setup for the XR? brand? mounting location?

I saw where 1 member mounted his speakers to the windshield. Very nicely done btw. BUt, I don't want to use a windshield. How effective will a radio be without a windshield?

Or would it be smarter to consider a headset option with speakers in my helmet?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Switch to a XC? :D
I knew that reply was coming... I just don't like fairings and windshields. I prefer a stripped down look. That's why I thought about putting the headset and speakers inside my helmet. But, if I found the right setup of speakers that was subtle, I would consider mounting on the bike...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I knew that reply was coming... I just don't like fairings and windshields. I prefer a stripped down look. That's why I thought about putting the headset and speakers inside my helmet. But, if I found the right setup of speakers that was subtle, I would consider mounting on the bike...
I'm like you regarding the fairing...just not for me. I do like the windshield though which is how I mounted my speakers. If no windshield then in my opinion you really only have two options. 1)handlebar mount with 2" or 3" "bullet" type speakers or 2) saddlebag mounted 4" to 5" marine speakers.

I guess you could mount a speaker on each highway bar and point them up towards you which may be a really good option too but I think they would be to far away from your head/ears and not be very effective...anyway there's my two cents

·
13,026 Posts
Why not mount the speakers into the top lid of the bags if you have them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Handle bar mounted powered speakers. (The wires were hidden later)

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to decide if I want to handle bar mount them, or maybe get a very small windshield and mount them like rsmarsh (nicely done!), or not clutter up the bike, and just use a headset inside my helmet...

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you can't find a short windscreen that you like there's always the option of giving Cee Bailey's a call and see if they'd make a custom one for you. Just a thought. That way you could some what "hide" the speakers by the speedo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll have to decide if I want to handle bar mount them, or maybe get a very small windshield and mount them like rsmarsh (nicely done!), or not clutter up the bike, and just use a headset inside my helmet...
Thank you for the compliment!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Henry, do a search to find a previous post where a member had photos of a very clean handlebar install with smaller speakers on either side of the speedo. There was a link to the manufacturer included.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts