Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any XR owners had any luck in finding speaker bag lids for their ride? How about any custom installs you may have done (pls post pics in your reply)? I have seen some 3rd party lids advertised as fitting XC and XR, but it is my understanding that the XC and XR bags are actually different for lids? Looking to add speakers to mine ('12 XR), to go with the new fairing putting on it and wiring up the trunk speakers with the fairing head unit thru a separate amp (that I am probably going to mount in one of the bags). ANY thoughts, suggestions, recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Have any XR owners had any luck in finding speaker bag lids for their ride? How about any custom installs you may have done (pls post pics in your reply)? I have seen some 3rd party lids advertised as fitting XC and XR, but it is my understanding that the XC and XR bags are actually different for lids? Looking to add speakers to mine ('12 XR), to go with the new fairing putting on it and wiring up the trunk speakers with the fairing head unit thru a separate amp (that I am probably going to mount in one of the bags). ANY thoughts, suggestions, recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated!
can't help you on the speaker lids but I am 99.5% positive that color aside, the saddlebags on our cross roads and the cross countries are identical. so the lids should work on your xr. :devil

·
Registered
426 Posts
As long as you have the hard bags they will work. get an amp that has bluetooth, and a good phone mount for your handlebars (I'd recommend the RAM). mount the amp in the bag (if you don't want to drill holes in the backside of the bags, the 30lb outdoor 3M double-sided tape will hold like crazy if you use an adhesive promoter, and the Soundstream is very small and light, as is the Kenwood), throw on the lids, and roll. just be sure to run power and ground directly to the battery, DON'T GROUND TO THE FRAME. you can also use the heated seat connector in the back to tap into for the remote wire if needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, lids painted and working on putting on the speakers and installing amp into Driver right side bag. Anyone with a "best practice" for passing thru the cables (power, speaker) out of/into the hard bag (inside sidewall)? Was thinking a grommet and filling in with silicone sealant to make waterproof. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
<snip>Anyone with a "best practice" for passing thru the cables (power, speaker) out of/into the hard bag (inside sidewall)? Was thinking a grommet and filling in with silicone sealant to make waterproof. Any thoughts?
For installing the Saber Tooth lights on two XCT bikes, I used grommets from Lowes. I had to look long and hard to find suitable grommets as you need ones that have a very wide channel in the middle. The ones I used were Hillman Brand, 3/8 x 15/16 x 9/16 x 5/8 (yes, four dimensions). I'm not sure the model or part number. The bag has numerous numbers on it including: bar code = 038902003911 (the leading 0 and the trailing 1 may not be part of the barcode); Lot# HO2775045; H# 884631

G'day,

Vinish

·
13,177 Posts
what ever happened to the days where you would sing or hum to your self.
I like music but for the most part never turn the radio on. Just sort out all my life problems. After that I ride with a good smile and happy thoughts.
I hate the guys that play there dam music when were stop at a bar. I want to visit and don't want to talk loud so I can be heard over the music.
These inconsiderate ass holes needs there radio shot and maybe some day I lose it and shoot it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As long as you have the hard bags they will work. get an amp that has bluetooth, and a good phone mount for your handlebars (I'd recommend the RAM). mount the amp in the bag (if you don't want to drill holes in the backside of the bags, the 30lb outdoor 3M double-sided tape will hold like crazy if you use an adhesive promoter, and the Soundstream is very small and light, as is the Kenwood), throw on the lids, and roll. just be sure to run power and ground directly to the battery, DON'T GROUND TO THE FRAME. you can also use the heated seat connector in the back to tap into for the remote wire if needed.
Howard, why do recommend to NOT ground to the frame? There is a ground point under the right side cover that looks like several ground wires to it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The x bikes are verrrry picky about voltage. if you want to try it, go ahead, but if you start getting errors, and the bike runs rough, that would be the first thing id change.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts