Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok all you XR riders. I do not know if I was the only one but I was getting buffeting coming up from the lowers. It was a huge amount of dirty air that I could fell doing the whole left arm over the chest test.

So my only option I thought was to go with lowers from Vic but I just did not like the look. Well my search lead me to Cee Bailey's. They make a windshield with built in lowers.

I looked at the price and a brand new shield would cost me $225 and if I bought the Victory lowers I was looking at $299.00. The other thing was I always felt that the Medium (stock) shield was about an inch to tall for me. I still looked over it but I would have liked it an inch shorter. I am 5'9"

Well victory windshield is -3" or +3" and with Cee Baileys I could get it 1" lower then stock.... so I jumped at the Cee Baileys.

Well two days after I ordered I got a phone call from them wanting to ask some questions. Well I guess if you have the forged guard you can not get the shield with the lowers so they redesigned a new shield. They now offer two and the lowered the price.

So this guy calls to tell me he would be crediting me money back and that the windshield would only run me $187 now. TITS!!!!!!

So I got it in today and installed it plus did an oil change on the bike. Man does this make a HUGE FREAKIN DIFFERENCE!!!! (windshield not the oil..lol)

At 75-80 mph I would get bad bobble head to the point my eyeballs felt like they were going to come out of my head. :crzy:

Today 90+ smooth as glass. I was in a bubble of clean air :clap:

So here is a few pics - you can see the bottom lowers are wider and much longer then stock.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Nice! I want my money back on my stock shield! :eek:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Can't really see what you're talking about in these pics. They are too dark.

Are you saying the new shield is longer towards the bottom now?
Bob, you aint got the XR to compare too or maybe your eyes are going bad :D

OK, I admit - I bought the clear shield and if I make the pictures lighter you really could not see it.

Try these, this is Cee Baileys dark tinted windscreen with the OG Shape. They started to make a mock of the originial to work with those have the forged bars. It has the stock lowers. Look at were the bottom stop with the turn signal and on the lowers. Next two are the new shape that I bought. You can see how much longer and wider the windshield is at the bottom and why those with the forged bars may have issue with in a tight turn.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
I too have the Cee baileys shield 17" also 5'9" and that was the best money spent. For me this shield is the best. The factory shield was too tall for me, and the wider lower makes a huge difference

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
In your dealings with Cee Bailey's did they mention if they're going to build a model for XR with forged bars? I'm almost 6' 1" and don't get buffeting but I get the wind from under the windshield. I don't bobble but when my wife and I have our communication system turned on there is so much wind noise from the microphones transmitting into the headphones that it sounds like my head is shoved in a beehive. It wouldn't be so bad if my wife wasn't to claustrophobic to wear anything other than a half helmet. Since I can't get her to wear a different style helmet I mouth as well look at taking care of the root cause of the irritation.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They do make one for the forged bar but it is a mock up of the OEM shield.

In your case go for the Victory lowers, this well HELP in a huge way!

By the way the shield I got will work with the forged bars but will hit when in a full lock to the right or left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts