Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend stands or lifts for XR / XC?
I'm looking into the Steel Horse front and rear stands. I have a message into them asking if their product would fit a XR.

I don't want a center stand mounted on the bike. I just want a front and rear stand or a lift to get the bike 12 inches off the ground but level for checking fluids. And, off the ground enough to make oil changes and minor wrenching work possible...

Thanks in advance for replies. :D

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
There are threads about various lifts, do a search. I have one of those two arm hydraulic lifts and made a simple adaptor that has the bike rock solid on it. Look for my post with the pictures and dimensions.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
13,188 Posts
If you mean a stand like what the sport bike use your out of luck.
You have to get a center lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Harbor Freight carries a motorcycle lift that you drive the bike onto and lift the entire bike. It has a removeable section so you can jack up the front or rear of the bike and change tires. I believe it raises the bike 36-40" off the ground.

They also carry standard motorcycle jacks like the one posted above.

Buy just about any motorcycle magazine and you can most likely find a 20% coupon for anything in their store.

With any motorcycle lifts or jacks make sure you strap the bike to the assembly to reduce the chance of falling. Gravity does not do good body work, ask a Vision rider on one of the other forums...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If you mean a stand like what the sport bike use your out of luck.
You have to get a center lift.
I was thinking if I took off the bags, but I didn't think about the pipes! DUH!

Johnny, which center lift is that in teh picture?

Note sure if I want a lift that takes it a long ways higher, or maybe just a stand that takes it 12" so I can carwl under it...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With any motorcycle lifts or jacks make sure you strap the bike to the assembly to reduce the chance of falling. Gravity does not do good body work, ask a Vision rider on one of the other forums...
Where are the good points on the XR to hook tie downs?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Park 'n Move?

Anyone actually use the Park n' Move stand on their XR or XC?
Specifically, towards oil changes??

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Henry, click on search at the top, type "lifts" in the search box and read all that has been discussed on this subject and decide on what you want.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Use the same tie-down points you use to tie down to a trailer. Most lifts have tie-down points to connect to.

And as RICZ stated: "Henry, click on search at the top, type "lifts" in the search box and read all that has been discussed on this subject and decide on what you want."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts