Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike will not start in gear with the clutch pulled. I verified that the micro switch is changing state with a pull on the clutch lever.
Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas on how to fix this condition?

·
Registered
611 Posts
It has to be the switch, a connection issue, or the wiring.
:I agree: Since the bikes don't have a sidestand switch, the only other logical source of the problem is the clutch switch. If you're sure it's functioning properly then there has to be a bad connection somewhere. Check for loose connectors, corroded pins, or broken wires.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I had the same problem and it was entirely my fault. I changed from cable to hydraulic for the clutch and it comes with an entire lever/master cylinder ass'y. I swapped out the lever and controls easily enough, but forgot to plug in the clutch switch
:eek

·
Registered
180 Posts
Pull the switch wires off and jump across them. If it starts in gear now, it is the switch. If it still does not start it is in the wiring. Had the same thing on my Kingpin. Turned out the switch was good, but the arm was not moving enough to activate it. Let us know what you find.

·
13,177 Posts
sure would of been nice if you said what year and model

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Model

I dont understand why my signature is not showing in my posts. It is showing in my CP. I am riding a 13 Crossroads Classic

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only thing i can figure is that i sent my initial post from my IPhone and the sig didn't show up but it just did when i replied from my Mac Book

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
does it start in neutral?

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats what I've been doing! Im just curious of what the resistance is on the other side of the plug going to the wiring harness. If someone could disconnect the clutch microswitch on their bike and check the resistance to the harness, that might be helpful. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Thats what I've been doing! Im just curious of what the resistance is on the other side of the plug going to the wiring harness. If someone could disconnect the clutch microswitch on their bike and check the resistance to the harness, that might be helpful. Thanks
ok...well thats out of my league....anyone out there with a multimeter wanna help this man out???

·
Registered
180 Posts
You should read 12 volts with the bike in gear and the key on. You do not want to read resistance across a live circuit, you can burn the meter up. Across the switch you should read open with the clutch lever out and zero ohms with the lever pulled in. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re-Visit

I've still not put this issue to rest. I rarely have a need to start in gear but it just aggravates me that I can't figure this thing out. Hopefully someone now will have had an experience with a similar situation. Anybody have any Ideas?

·
13,177 Posts
so have you traced the wires and found anything. Have you jumped the switch or checked it with multimeter.
What have you done to solve the problem

1 - 20 of 36 Posts