Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though t's not truly "vintage" it sure looks and starts like one.

It's been available in Japan and Europe for a couple of years but now Yamaha is introducing their SR400 to the States this summer.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/649/18055/Motorcycle-Article/2015-Yamaha-SR400-First-Look.aspx

The new SR400

appears to look pretty much like the original 1978

Including FI makes sense since you can keep the original look and have the modern benefit. I just wonder how long it will take for the kick start novelty to wear off. I would've though they would have made the bike with the ability for manual or electric start like a lot of their dirt bikes have.

Right now retro is selling and the price is right. I hope they do well. I know my kid would love it since he also loves the looks of the Honda CB1100.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Good little ride for the old lady. She's starting to crack. She'll want her license soon enough. But shes like 5'3" 120pounds. Be a bit before shes comfy on a Vic.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice ride.

Kind of a 'tweener between the Suzuku TU250x

And a Honda CB1100:

Wifey likes the TU250x to start off with, but thinking this SR400, won't grow out of right away. Then again, she ain't gonna like that kick starter.

I mean seriously? It's 2014!

·
Registered
49 Posts
The 50th anniversary of the XS650 is coming in a couple of years, it would be great to see an updated version of it from Yamaha. It could be a good way to celebrate their first four stroke engine bike :)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
The 50th anniversary of the XS650 is coming in a couple of years, it would be great to see an updated version of it from Yamaha. It could be a good way to celebrate their first four stroke engine bike :)
I wonder if they will vibrate as bad as the old ones?:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hell, yeah. I always lusted for one of those, still do. I might have to make more room in the garage if that happened.

·
Registered
282 Posts
A great platform for customising, especially for younger guys.
See these SR 400 examples from Deus Ex Machina Customs in Sydney
Who wouldn't want at least one of these in their garage? .. great fun for a blast around town

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1394188036.747084.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1394188228.509244.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1394188250.164434.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1394188271.288379.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was close to purchasing a new CB1100 a few months before I got my HighBall, Glad I held out. The new old style bikes looked great online, but in person they are way too small (frame wise), almost look like minibikes next to a full out touring bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts