Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I've been working on integrating a Victory headlight onto my 2007 Yamaha Warrior. I called it the Yamahammer. thumb up

I finished up my V2.0 tach housing today. I say V2.0 because the first one I didn't care much for. The second one is cool for now, but I have an idea to integrate the tach into the top housing over the winter. I don't want to wait though....I wanna ride now!!

This was my first hack at fabrication and body work. I used my ATV rack to bend the steel, and used my angle grinder, pneumatic air sander, and my old Hobart MIG welder. oh yeah, and a Dremel. :) Used bondo for the first time and realized just how fast that stuff sets up. Funny, Chip Foose makes it look so easy....that rascal. :)

Found that the hammered paint can not only conceal a myriad of minor imperfections in the raw finish, but also look pretty darn nice on a bike like this. Who knew? Overall, I'm happy with this temporary setup. It'll get me through summer.

Here's a video of it using the keyfob to turn the ignition on and also start it:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks good! I always liked those bikes, and it looks even better with that headlight, like it was meant to be there. I think the tach looks spot on also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks zooop1! I think the light from the Victory is killer! I bought a pair of HID's from CR at VictoryHID.com and they make it even better! I can see for days now! I like how the light flows with the lines on the bike....it all just flows so well. thanks again!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks great. I like this Warriors! That's the bike that got me thinking about cruisers over sport bikes. I had looked for a Warrior a few times, then I saw the Highball and Victory won.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas! I live 1.5 miles from Victory's R+D facility in Wyoming, MN so I see Vics all day long....and love it. :) I just couldn't afford the Victory I wanted but found this. They are all good looking bikes to me. Love the flowing lines.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Looking good. How about a pic of two with the headlight turned on? :D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Looks like a factory job, you done good!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks great!! I might have to try this on my Warrior. Was there any trouble stuffing all of the wiring inside the Victory bucket?

cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I'm a bit taken back by them all. Thank you!

As for the wiring, I was able to get a couple relays in there along with two HID's and balasts and some other extra wiring. It's a full house in there (for now). My plan this winter is to relocate all that nonsense under the tank. I'd like to make an aluminum plate and mount all that under there so all I have is a few headlight wires snaking up past the neck and into the headlight. I'd like to try and also integrate the tach into the top cover as well, so then I could do away fully with the tach cover, shave the mounts on the triple tree, polish it up, then move the headlight up and back a tick.

But i didn't wanna wait any more. I wanted to ride, so it'll do for now. :) I'm a perfectionist and working on stuff like this is just a perpetual project. I love doing this stuff. Might try making a couple other tach housings this winter too just in case I find one that really trips my trigger.

I tried taking a picture with the lights on, but to be honest, it blinds out the camera! I could take one from the side if you want, but I'd think it would defeat the purpose? you call the ball and it shall be so.

Thanks again fellas. Man....I feel really great about your comments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts