Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been sailing most of the last 3 months...home for a solid 2.5 months.

Sun is shining...birds are singing...what to do what to do?

Daaaaaaaaaamn

I got it. Ill cut the grass and do yard work

...said no Canadian sailor ever.

I have been a patient man - grass can share that virtue.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Indeed, grass can be very patient. Especially when it know its going to get whacked with a wicked lawn mower such as that. Do a good job Swabby. Incidentally; The grass is greener on the other side.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sailing for 3 months, then riding for 2.5 months. Man, I envy you.

2007 Vegas
Calgary, Alberta
Envy me? By Christmas ill have 9.5 of the last 12 months floating around in a tin can working min 12 hours a day 7 days a week. If you envy me i pity you sir.

Alberta? Army type or something? If so, lets get our COs to do a swap. We'll make that envy go away quick. Navy is not what it once was.

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
I had a chance to ride the Judge at a local dealership and I must say I liked the ride except I felt the pegs should be more forward. Just a personal preference really. The Judge is an excellent platform. Other than the obvious Stage 1 stuff; it can be left alone or tricked out in many ways.

I imagine you will be spending time riding it and not working on it if you only have 2.5 months at home.

Don't they let you guys in the Canadian Navy have a couple of beers when you are out to sea? I don't think I would recognize the American Navy compared to when I was in it. Too many policy changes for it to be anywhere near as good as it once was. A shame really.

Thank you for your service!

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
I don't think I would recognize the American Navy compared to when I was in it. Too many policy changes for it to be anywhere near as good as it once was. A shame really.

Thank you for your service!
Don't ya know it! Things have really gone downhill since I was in too. cheers
http://www.boat-links.com/Old-Navy/images/Navy-08S.jpg
Today's sailors look so young. Draft age back then was 50.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Nice looking shot, man! I keep hoping to get my wife to demo a Judge. She's very comfortable with mid controls having grown up on dirt and trail bikes, and I think a Judge might be right up her alley.

But she just keeps eyeballing the Vegas...what can you do?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had been leaning towards the Vegas for the better part of last year. I'm an ex-enduro rider so took to the mid-mount instantly when i sat on the Judge. it was the reach to the bars that almost did my stubby arms in...now i rock this ever so slight lean and mean position...really glad i didn't swap bars before giving it a shot.

Yes sir us Canadians have a beer machine...dollar (coin no less) in beer comes out. But the only people who really get to have a few wets at sea are day workers. You need minimum 6 hours before your next shift to have your "2 beer per man per day". When you're a shifty bastard like me, who works 5hrs on 5 off / 7hrs on 7 off, the only time i catch myself having a beer is when i can't sleep. But speaking of young kids these days, after the CO deems it (usually 4am in foreign port) when alongside they put a lock on the beer machine. Some **** head decided to pry the lock, then proceeded to break into the galley and left the freezer open. So we lost the beer machine, locked out tagged out. We just can't have nice things.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PS Ricz, ya that is some old navy. Haha wow. When i got in i was told its the "new navy"...well its the "new NEW navy" now.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
But the Navy has its upsides still...for example this was taken in VA Beach last Weekend...I didnt have my bike but luckily i found a replacement...

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
But speaking of young kids these days, after the CO deems it (usually 4am in foreign port) when alongside they put a lock on the beer machine. Some **** head decided to pry the lock, then proceeded to break into the galley and left the freezer open. So we lost the beer machine, locked out tagged out. We just can't have nice things.
Once again a small percentage of A-holes ruin it for everyone else. It must be the most repeated story in history.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Envy me? By Christmas ill have 9.5 of the last 12 months floating around in a tin can working min 12 hours a day 7 days a week. If you envy me i pity you sir.

Alberta? Army type or something? If so, lets get our COs to do a swap. We'll make that envy go away quick. Navy is not what it once was.
My mistake, I didn't realize how hard they drove you guys.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My mistake, I didn't realize how hard they drove you guys.
Oh its all good. Just chuckin crap. As the admiral would say "its an exciting time for the Navy". Thats top Brass speak for "you guys are gonna be bustin your ass". I'm in it for the long haul. Goes in cycles. If in those 9 months i went over seas to cool ports unknown i wouldnt complain a bit. Just no money in the budget for that stuff as much as before.

In the end i envy me too. Stable job serving my country. Full belly. Roof over my head. Beautiful wife. Beautiful Bike. What more could a man ask for really?

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Once again a small percentage of A-holes ruin it for everyone else. It must be the most repeated story in history.
The saying was, in my day, "Ten percent of the crew ruins it for the rest of the ship.":mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts