Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What vic should I be really looking at im a bigger guy with a bigger size wife not fat just fluffy. I like the hammer and jackpot 8 balls etc but wife love the room of a cross country. But I hate looks of vision. too ufo got into a fight with goodwill. Got look it just not my tea.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
XC all the way... Once you start riding with the wife on the back you will want the storage and the stereo.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
A Hammer or 8 ball would be to small for two fluffy riders, a XC or an XCT would be an excellent choice....:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
XC = Cross Country, XCT = Cross Country Tour.

The touring chassis (XC/XCT) are all aluminium, the others are steel tube.

They have a longer wheelbase and are much roomier for two fluffy riders. They will let a taller rider stretch out and be very comfy for long and short rides.
The rear seat is nice and big. I had a HD Fatboy and my wife was always uncomfortable on the the back. I just bought a Cross Country (XC) and She loves the comfort, I can't get her off it. Maybe I should have stuck with my Fatboy!:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Learn something else didn't know it was aluminum framed. The few i saw the wife fell for. One was a tequila gold the gun metal flame with lime pin strip. It was a non touring no trunk just sissy bar. I fell for a sunset red with Dimond cut heads punched to a 119ci. That was a touring model. Also heated seats grips mirrors and custom floor boards and seat. I almost pulled the bow back on the 13xct. Sunset red but thought 18k was a bit much

·
Registered
5 Posts
Style, price point. Lots of parts shared across various models keep costs lower. Nice bikes. Owned harley kawi honda bmw. Each bike had something i liked about them. I find Vics easy to work on. Will never have feel, sound, aura of harley but benefits are staying out of shop for expensive mileage maint.(cam work). Only down side for me is lack of aftermaket, dealer distance and powersports shops. If sales volumes increased substantionally then i'm shure these issuses would be corrected. They Really Should Have Online Parts and Shipping. I love my custom 07 Hammer. Ron

Never met a Vic I didn't like.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Cross Bikes, aka X bikes, same frame, engine and trans. Different options. Vision is a little bit different frame IIRC, but stiff and sturdy. Your Chevy is the same. SL, LT, And so on. Ford, XL, XLT, Lariat packages. The list goes on.
Yes they are well made and a good chassis can handle different duty. Think outside the box, and what you can do WITH the box. Ever had a kid play with the box instead of the toy inside it? LOL

Welcome to the Mayhem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome. But one? Still ain't answer what's the better bike for our sizes listed above. Now I'm looking for a 300 plus mile 2 up bike. My ace is left for me to play on.

·
Registered
784 Posts
What is best for you? Only you can answer that. XC, and XCT will be a larger seating bike. Vision is a great choice if it suits you.
Take this like it is meant, go put your behind on one and take the Mrs. You'll know when your behind hits the seat. Decide from the cockpit, not off pictures. Either bike in any trim will get you down the road in comfort, style and reliability for 300 miles or any you are willing to put on it.
Be careful though, they are much better handling and responsive than they look.

Happy Shopping. cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is best for you? Only you can answer that. XC, and XCT will be a larger seating bike. Vision is a great choice if it suits you.
Take this like it is meant, go put your behind on one and take the Mrs. You'll know when your behind hits the seat. Decide from the cockpit, not off pictures. Either bike in any trim will get you down the road in comfort, style and reliability for 300 miles or any you are willing to put on it.
Be careful though, they are much better handling and responsive than they look.

Happy Shopping. cheers
That's the answer is needed. Seating size so on gold wings are nice but sorry to oldisk same with hd elctra glide that's why victory hit me. Good looks for the 20=50 age limit and even them higher. Thanks i just kinda wanted a looking head because a jackpot is so nice but my button will hate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts