Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I traded in my bike and came home (the way long way) on a 2010 CR!! It has 3000 miles on it (truly show room condition) - came with driver back rest, pass. back rest with the large rack - cig lighter on handle bar, large shield, tubular highway bar.
It took a few miles to get used to the bike - its clutch, brakes and balance were different from my last ride - Man, you guys werent kidding the gear box is loud(2010) - but feels rock solid - I got used to the "clunks" and think they will soften as the bike wears in.
I love the power delivery, torky and it just keeps pulling harder and harder till next shift :D ! The handling of the bike is great - very nimble and eager to lean - sounds like a sewing machine tho :rolleyes: (stock pipes). My drill will be humming shortly.
My wife loves the seating and we are going for a ride later today - So far I am very happy with the purchase and think I will be even happier as time goes on - I had my last bike for 10 years and had it set up just right for me -- so now the modding begins on this new beastcheers!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Congrats! Is it the black or the red?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats!
Word of advice though; be careful parking downhill - these bikes stay just about straight up when they're on the kickstand. The kickstand doesn't lock so if you aren't in gear or if you are in gear with slack in your drivetrain the bike can (and has for a dozen or so people) roll forward. When they roll they cause the kickstand to partially fold up and they flop on their side.
Keep at least 20-30 lbs in the rear shock to make it lean more onto the kickstand. And if you don't keep your bike in gear when it's parked you should get into the habit quickly!
By the way, you get used to the sewing machine sound. If it sounds weird that means it's running!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats!
Word of advice though; be careful parking downhill - these bikes stay just about straight up when they're on the kickstand. The kickstand doesn't lock so if you aren't in gear or if you are in gear with slack in your drivetrain the bike can (and has for a dozen or so people) roll forward. When they roll they cause the kickstand to partially fold up and they flop on their side.
Keep at least 20-30 lbs in the rear shock to make it lean more onto the kickstand. And if you don't keep your bike in gear when it's parked you should get into the habit quickly!
By the way, you get used to the sewing machine sound. If it sounds weird that means it's running!
Yup, I always kill the engine leave it in 1st pop the clutch and move forward as much as possible before putting down the stand....I need a little more sound than the stock pipe - that huge motor wants to be heard.....:D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
See if you can get away with saving money before ordering exhaust. Try drilling your pipes (instructions all over this forum) and see if that's enough sound. There will be another goody to use the cash you save.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts