Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! I'm new here so please forgive any posting errors. A little about myself. I'm a "new" rider. I actually don't know when I get to lose that classification but this will be my 2nd season riding. A little about how this all started for me. I've been wanting to "ride" my whole life. It didn't help when my brother got his bike. Even though he's older than I am, I was still jealous. Anyhow... MANY years later and here I am. My boyfriend had been riding for some years and finally decided to get licensed. He decided to take a riding course. Well, he signed ME up with him and informed me that I was going to learn how to ride! OMG - I was ALL for it! So... this was last year. The class was the first Friday of May and it was February when he signed us up. Plenty of time, right? Well, procrastinate I did. It was the last week of April when I realized I didn't get my permit yet!! Here's where the whirlwind begins. I take my permit test on Tuesday and pass. I get my paper permit. I BEGIN the riding class that very Friday through Sunday. I pass said test and get my license. On Tuesday I go back to DMV to get my license. He asked me for the photo permit. I said, "I just got this last Tuesday!". He says, "Wow, you don't waste any time, do ya?". I had my paper license before I had my photo permit. LOL!! On Wednesday of that same week, my boyfriend buys me a starter bike for my birthday! Yeah - all that pretty much happened in one week!! :crzy: However, I'm sure you're not surprised to know that I am addicted to riding! That brings me here - as I am in the process of procuring a 2005 Victory Touring Cruiser (I could NOT pass up on the deal!) But I've always wanted a Victory!! My BF even asked me what he should buy and I said Victory. So, he rides a Classic Cruiser! :D . I'm going to be asking so questions SOON so please, be patient with me!! I already started looking thru the forums and wow - there is a LOT of info to filter thru.... too much! But all good I'm sure! OK well... I've talked enough, but I had to tell my story. Can't wait to "meet you" and see you around the forum!

Thanks,
Maureen ;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome to the family. A lot of knowledge here. There is a search function here just so you know lol. I say that for the lashing some like to give about not using it. It is quite funny. Anyways, we are glad to have some new blood in the mix. Be safe and enjoy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
G'day Maureen and congrats on your excellent ride!
As Speedy suggests we like to, errrrrr, cut loose on this forum.....I for one promise to watch my language henceforth :)
Cya around

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A victory for your second season! Good on ya. More balls then I had second season.

Unlike my posting counterparts I pledge to not watch my language...I am a sailor after all, gotta be true to myself!

Welcome to the show!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome from Missouri. Be sure to post some pictures of that new bike.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The only way for me to watch my language , is to read it after its been posted .... Sorry , Welcome aboard Maureen !cheers

·
Registered
783 Posts
Welcome! Ride that big bike safe! Y know- during the 45 days of the year with no snow on the roads up there in Buffalo.. :D

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A victory for your second season! Good on ya. More balls then I had second season.

Unlike my posting counterparts I pledge to not watch my language...I am a sailor after all, gotta be true to myself!

Welcome to the show!

The only way for me to watch my language , is to read it after its been posted .... Sorry , Welcome aboard Maureen !cheers
lol! :ltr:

·
Registered
784 Posts

Not sure what to add, just get to know the bike and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Welcome from CT. We knows lots of stuffs, and the stuffs we don't knows, other peeps knows. So, we probably knows everything.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome aboard!! cheerscheers Ride to your comfort level and only progress when you feel ready. Remember the more miles you put on the more experience you will get. Or at least that is the excuse I use thumb up

·
Registered
945 Posts
Welcome from tn

1 - 16 of 16 Posts