Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a rotary in here in MA. I am in the roatary, traffic coming into the rotary is supposed to yield. I have the right of way. I pride myself in being a super alert rider. I have been on the road my entire life. I saw hiom before he saw me. I knew it. 65-75 yrs. of age, never even bothered to look. And I KNOW he heard my pipes, he didn't give a ****. I'm at lean, hence any input on the brakes could be disastrous. I roll off the throttle and he slides ahead of me, by about 4 inches. I am fuming. I accelerate and motor up to the inside of him. He never even glances at me. **** me he must be thinking. He's in a cage, I'm on a bike. He wins. 10 years ago I would have followed him and would have dragged that **** out of his car. Today, I rode away feeling disrespected and ready to kill. Anywho, keep your head on a swivel brothers. Everyone out their is trying to kill you...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Everyone out their is trying to kill you...
Thats the way i think every time i throw a leg over .
I have a buddy who is a cop .
I seen he was writing a report this morning in a parking lot and I pulled next to him a we started talking I asked him to watch the traffic , he said its normal saturday traffic and then I said ok now look at it from my bike , so he got out of his patrol car swung a leg over and started looking around and said wow these people are idiots.
So yes most bike riders have to be aggressive , I know I am

·
Registered
12,317 Posts
To your last sentence I'll add--And keep a cool head. If you get mad, you'll be the only only one who is mad. Yeah, they are oblivious, ignorant, self absorbed, distracted, irritable, and whole bunch of other things that prevents them from being safe and attentive. We know that going in, so be prepared--that's called risk management. One more thing--I'm surprised when a cager does the proper and/or courteous thing.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Nothing personal RL but there's a lot of Road Rage going on lately.....
Pulling next to a car yell at the driver that just cut you off or ready to pull your gun because someone passed you on the shoulder(as I read in another thread) craziness, someone is going to end up dead or in jail..... You all better calm it down, pass and move on or back off and turn away.
I've never run into anyone trying to purposely harm me(that I know of) on the road. But just about every time I'm out I run into miscalculation, stupid, distracted, impatient, inexperienced or some combination of the five. You can't fix that with all the chest-banging, fist-waving and mirror-kicking in the world.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Pulling next to a car yell at the driver that just cut you off or ready to pull your gun because someone passed you on the shoulder(as I read in another thread) craziness, someone is going to end up dead or in jail..... You all better calm it down, pass and move on or back off and turn away.
I've never run into anyone trying to purposely harm me(that I know of) on the road. But just about every I'm out I run into miscalculation, stupid, distracted, impatient, inexperienced or some combination of the five. You can't fix that with all the chest-banging, fist-waving and mirror-kicking in the world.

Well said Pain. I lose my **** out there sometimes but it never solves anything.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've never run into anyone trying to purposely harm me(that I know of) on the road. But just about every time I'm out I run into miscalculation, stupid, distracted, impatient, inexperienced or some combination of the five. You can't fix that with all the chest-banging, fist-waving and mirror-kicking in the world.
guess i am the one you are referring to.:D

yes i was pretty irate that day....and i feel i had a darn good reason. its not the 1st time i have made reference to ...ignorant ass memphis drivers on this forum.

most of the close calls i have had i felt were attributed to carelesness or lack of attention of the other driver. most always i just shook my head and went on .

in the tread you made reference to ...yea i was pretty pissed. i feel i had good reason to be. this woman " deliberately" broke the law and "deliberately" put my life in danger. quite a bit different than some one saying ...oops ..i did not see you.

i usually ride my bike to the pool hall 2-3 times a week. i have had 3 close encounters where some one pulled out this same apartment complex every time. in every case it seemed to me it was an ...oops i did not see you. the last time this woman freaked out when she did see me at the last minute and slammed on her brakes. i slammed on my brakes and slid sideways up to her door. it was so close i could touch her door handle sitting on the bike.

i take a longer route home now just to avoid that complex.

so its not like i am filled with rage every time when **** happens but when some one deliberately puts your life in danger its to be expected to be pissed off....at least for me any way.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yeah, I was out for a ride a couple days ago and came up behind a gold Camry. I swore the driver must be drunk because of the weaving back and forth and even running off the road several times. I back off and give this car room as I just know they are about to wreck.

Finally I get a good stretch where I can get a good running start and blow by them. Just as I'm going by, I glance over real quick...teenage girl texting while driving.

Fucking clueless.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
...oops ..i did not see you.
But you know damn well that is the excuse that will be trotted out next time she mows someone over.

·
Registered
131 Posts
In the last three years all my close calls have been from teenage girls.

I live near a high school so it seems to feed the problem.

Three years ago I was sitting at a stop light in the left turning lane when a fat pig of a girl in a convertible came flying through the intersection turning left in front of me and cut the corner VERY close missing me by inches.

Second time, same intersection as I approached the same left turn, a teenage girl turning right was going too fast and swung way out right where I would have been sitting had I got to the stop light 5 seconds sooner.

Third time, different intersection, I was approaching with a green light and a teenage girl coming from the right just completely ignored her red light and ran it turning left towards me. There is a sharp curve for me right before the intersection so I was already slowing.

All three of these idiots were heading towards the high school. I stopped by the local Sheriff office after the third event and reviewed these situations. They said they would step up the patrol in the area, I see no change.

I have since started going the long way to the house and avoid the roads between the school and my house ever since.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
guess i am the one you are referring to.:D

yes i was pretty irate that day....and i feel i had a darn good reason. its not the 1st time i have made reference to ...ignorant ass memphis drivers on this forum.

most of the close calls i have had i felt were attributed to carelesness or lack of attention of the other driver. most always i just shook my head and went on .

in the tread you made reference to ...yea i was pretty pissed. i feel i had good reason to be. this woman " deliberately" broke the law and "deliberately" put my life in danger. quite a bit different than some one saying ...oops ..i did not see you.

i usually ride my bike to the pool hall 2-3 times a week. i have had 3 close encounters where some one pulled out this same apartment complex every time. in every case it seemed to me it was an ...oops i did not see you. the last time this woman freaked out when she did see me at the last minute and slammed on her brakes. i slammed on my brakes and slid sideways up to her door. it was so close i could touch her door handle sitting on the bike.

i take a longer route home now just to avoid that complex.

so its not like i am filled with rage every time when **** happens but when some one deliberately puts your life in danger its to be expected to be pissed off....at least for me any way.
Trust me lorider...I get angry, but I don't let it come out. Its sickening what we see on the road everyday...but in my mind I know what's out there and by choosing to ride I "sign on the dotted line" for it.
I'm more than capable of taking care of myself in an altercation, on top of that I also carry. At this point in my life, I can't see myself in a court room trying to explain how right I was to have caused grievous bodily harm or God forbid, used my gun because I got cut-off.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Your all too literal. When your pissed off you vent. Plain and simple.

The guy posting could be 5'1" and the dude that cut him off coulda been the linebacker for the 49'rs, it still feels good too say I shoulda!

My rideing gloves have carbon fiber knuckles, I chose them specifically too knock the mirror off of dipshit's cars.... Havnt done it yet lol.

I get really angry and sometimes the teenage twit can ruin the rest of my ride cause I spend it thinking about what I shoulda done.

Cagers wouldn't understand, even family cagers, if you can't vent here where can ya

Iceball, cruising the Alaskan Frontier mile by mile.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I rode almost 600 miles yesterday out to rapid city and only got pissed off a couple of times. I thought that was a good day. One time was when I was behind a couple people on motorcycles going 20mph through the badlands national park. There was a whole line of cars behind them, and they wouldn't let anyone pass. That's just being a jackass

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

I live near a high school so it seems to feed the problem.

Three years ago I was sitting at a stop light in the left turning lane when a fat pig of a girl in a convertible came flying through the intersection turning left in front of me and cut the corner VERY close missing me by inches.

Second time, same intersection as I approached the same left turn, a teenage girl turning right was going too fast and swung way out right where I would have been sitting had I got to the stop light 5 seconds sooner.

Third time, different intersection, I was approaching with a green light and a teenage girl coming from the right just completely ignored her red light and ran it turning left towards me. There is a sharp curve for me right before the intersection so I was already slowing.

All three of these idiots were heading towards the high school. I stopped by the local Sheriff office after the third event and reviewed these situations. They said they would step up the patrol in the area, I see no change.

I have since started going the long way to the house and avoid the roads between the school and my house ever since.
I like this strategy! We are riding for fun... mostly! I don't want to be somewhere like this where I'm constantly ticked off by the same idiotic actions.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am 6'5" 250lb power lifter..I am a big fella and I know it.

That said to all the road ragers, no matter how big a fella I am, I cannot stand up to a car.

You piss off an idiot cager off enough, their car wins every time. We have seen several incidents in recent past where the car ran over the motorcycle, sometimes after the rider got off and sometime while they still sat on it.

You also have plenty of CCW's out there.

My advice, if you are not broken or bleeding, leave it alone and be glad you are still walking and breathing. Riding a bike is a risk, we all know the risk and we must accept that risk.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
You piss off an idiot cager off enough, their car wins every time. We have seen several incidents in recent past where the car ran over the motorcycle, sometimes after the rider got off and sometime while they still sat on it.

You also have plenty of CCW's out there.

My advice, if you are not broken or bleeding, leave it alone and be glad you are still walking and breathing. Riding a bike is a risk, we all know the risk and we must accept that risk.
Exactly.... Take the high road and exert some self-control, you and your ride will be better off.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I have to ask, how do you know he heard your pipes? You said there was no reaction. To me that doesn't indicate he heard any pipes and if he did is it possible he didn't realize where they were coming from? Forget the pipes, buy a decent horn, if you need to rev your engine to be heard you've already lost valuable reaction time.

I don't give a **** what your size is, once you lost your Kewl,, you lost, that's it game over. If you cant keep your Kewl under most riding circumstances, then maybe its time to park the bike for a while.

No ones perfect and there are times when someone cuts you off and they plain and simple didn't see you. It happens, blind spot whatever. If your honest with yourself, you've done it too. The ones that concern me are those that deliberately try to run me out of a lane etc for what ever reason. Its rare, but I have had it happen. Once it was obvious it was deliberate and they were coming for more, it was time to get the hell out of there. Save my own ass, screw theirs.

In other words, take a chill pill. Every so often I certainly need to

·
Registered
33 Posts
Those scare me the worst. A good friend of mine got T-boned by a 17 y/o female last month. Blew through a stop sign like it wasn't there - wonder what she was doing? :rolleyes: With her going 35MPH and him 55MPH, he's lucky to still be here.

I'd say a good percentage of drivers nowadays have their eyes plastered to the phone (especially worrisome seeing truckers doing it.) I've seen cops around here using binoculars instead of speed guns to nail people texting & driving. Nail them all I say! thumb up

·
Registered
12,317 Posts
God save us from teenage girls.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts