Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered a set of hard bags from Honda East Toledo on ebay. I've read many different situations regarding what they come with, so I sent the seller a message asking if they come with locks, latches and keys. They responded saying, "Yes, they do have them on the lids". I wonder if that means there are latches on the lids but not the bags...anyway, I guess I'll see when they get here. I was planning on having to purchase extras since it's Victory and they were cheap, so whatever. They were also listed as new so maybe they are take-offs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, ok, but do they come with latches? I mean, they can be used without locks for now, right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
It is my understanding that the "Latch" is the "Lock"

So I dont believe so.

It is one piece. I believe you will get bags with holes in the lids. You have to add "Latches/Locks" and the "Scuff Protector" aka Chrome piece that goes around the key hole.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Oooooooh Noooooooo!

Oh **** , not another hard bags thread !!!!:ltr:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait and see, I guess. The guy did say they came with 'em so who knows? I bought my 2012 new this year and couldn't do the hard bag upgrade due to it being a non-current model, therefore, I don't have latches/locks to add to the new bags. I wish Victory would get their **** straight, I love the bikes but at this rate my next bike will be the "other" American brand.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I believe I read somewhere that the locks were part of a set (and sold separately) that included the ignition and keys. I think Victory's logic is that you'd want them all keyed the same so you only had one key.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Shoot Paulie of Honda East an email. I believe he's a member here. He can answer all your questions. I bought my sunset red lowers through him and not through eBay. They were 100 cheaper. Honda East is always 20% off on their parts. Even when just cold calling into the parts dept.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I put hard bags on my XR earlier this year.
Bought them from Ma Vic when they had a 50% off sale.
Had them painted to match my bike.
The "leather" bag protective rails don't fit with the hard bags on. There's a different set of rails for the hard bags.

Locks are NOT included with the hard bag kit.
You'll most likely have to purchase an "ignition kit" that includes an ignition module, fuel door, bag and trunk locks, and 2 keys.

Shoot Paulie of Honda East an email. That's where I got the ignition kit from.
Here's the part number:
4012943-266 ASM-IGN,FL CP,TRNK,SB LKS,BLK

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Anything you may need off the ass end let me know. i'm parting one out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
If you bought the hard bag kit, 2878327-266 or 2878327-520, they come complete EXPECT for locks,

When your bike was new the saddlebag locks came with it in the new owners kit, with the manual and what not. But the rest comes with the kit, I need the actual part number, auction number or customer info to tell you more.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you bought the hard bag kit, 2878327-266 or 2878327-520, they come complete EXPECT for locks,

When your bike was new the saddlebag locks came with it in the new owners kit, with the manual and what not.
I stand corrected. Looks like the 2012 should have had bag and trunk locks with it when it was new from the dealer.

My 2013 XR, new from the dealer, did not come with bag or trunk locks. Apparently, for 2013, Victory decided that with the "leather" bags, there is no need for the extra locks.
4012376-266 ASM-IGN SWITCH/FUEL CAP,BLK

Unless you got a "hardball" version - which comes with hard bags.
4012943-266 ASM-IGN,FL CP,TRNK,SB LKS,BLK | [Hard-Ball]

(Domestically sold bikes don't get a fork lock either.)

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
My 2012 XC salvage bike I bought came with a trunk lock in one of the saddlebags. Bike has ABS, heated seat, cruise and heated grips. so i don't know if its a tour or not.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Part # 2878327-520, item # 291096010262.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't get the locks and probably won't be able to since the dealer said they sold the hard bags on eBay.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, thanks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts