Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 CrossRoad, OEM windshield, OEM seat. I'm 6'1" 32" inseam. I get a fair amount of helmet buffeting at highway speeds..60 & up.

Opinions, suggestions, experience ......to correct it ? It's not horrible , but I have a trip planned to Oklahoma and I'm thinking it might just become very annoying after 2000 or so miles?

Thanks, Ron

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Welcome to the site.
I have little buffeting on my XR, but I have the victory fairing and the fork mounted lowers. If you don't have them, I would highly recommend the fork mounted lowers.
Have you held your hand out all around you while riding to find where your wind is coming from?

·
Registered
4,068 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Pain, the op is talking about a cross roads, he doesnt have a fairing so the flip wont work for him.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pain, the op is talking about a cross roads, he doesnt have a fairing so the flip wont work for him.

Exactly...however I am considering a fairing. Just not sure which one. All I want is a shell & shield. Yeah I know I could go with an old HD take off, & fab up some mounts...BTDT...but I'm gittin' lazy :p and would like to have a manufactured to fit...so to speak.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
not sure which one is a good one either, but the flip or any other cross country windshield only fits the cross country fairing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 2012 CrossRoad, OEM windshield, OEM seat. I'm 6'1" 32" inseam. I get a fair amount of helmet buffeting at highway speeds..60 & up.

Opinions, suggestions, experience ......to correct it ? It's not horrible , but I have a trip planned to Oklahoma and I'm thinking it might just become very annoying after 2000 or so miles?

Thanks, Ron
I ordered a taller windshield with built-in lowers from Cee Bailey for my 2012 XR. I'm 6' 2" with a 34" inseam. I get a bit of buffet, but certainly not to the point of being tiresome. They pricing is very good. You can get it tinted and they fit directly into the existing hardware. I went with the 23" with a Light Grey Tint and Built-In Lowers. That configuration is $200.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/crossroads_2010_ws.html

Good Luck.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered a taller windshield with built-in lowers from Cee Bailey for my 2012 XR. I'm 6' 2" with a 34" inseam. I get a bit of buffet, but certainly not to the point of being tiresome. They pricing is very good. You can get it tinted and they fit directly into the existing hardware. I went with the 23" with a Light Grey Tint and Built-In Lowers. That configuration is $200.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/crossroads_2010_ws.html

Good Luck.

Thank you...so do you now look over the shield ? or through it ?
I like the looks of that shield shown..and the price is reasonable.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I can still look over but with the light grey tint , seeing through is easy as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm 6'0" 32" inseem I put the ness flip on and much better. I just put HotVic 21" front wheel kit on, now no buffeting at 60-70-80 none

Aequitas Veritas 2012 XC, imperial blue, Ness mitered bars, D&D exhaust, Ness deep cut grips-pegs-mirrors-gas cap, Hot Vic custom seat, Hot Vic 21" front wheel kit, custom flame paint, Vicbagger imperial blue contrast cut speaker grills

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Robb, he has a cross roads, not a cross country. I am also 6'1" tall and I chose the OEM short windshield mainly because I thought it looked better. The plus side for me is that I only get minimul buffeting because it think the shorter shield is cutting out the turbulent wind coming from under the gas tank.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Exactly...however I am considering a fairing. Just not sure which one. All I want is a shell & shield. Yeah I know I could go with an old HD take off, & fab up some mounts...BTDT...but I'm gittin' lazy :p and would like to have a manufactured to fit...so to speak.
Wide Open Customs has the nicest one I've seen for a XR!
You can see some on this forum or google them.
I saw a vendor selling them at a bike fest I was at in April and they had one on an XR there.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i just saw one for sale, its the nuclear orange color i believe it has a stereo setup too

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wide Open Customs has the nicest one I've seen for a XR!
You can see some on this forum or google them.
I saw a vendor selling them at a bike fest I was at in April and they had one on an XR there.

I thought all those had the stereo speakers & such in them ?

I'll check closer, maybe they have a stripped down model ?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i dont know about the stereo setups, never looked into it, just saw the fairing for sale from an orange crossroads and has the speakers in it.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Pretty sure you can get just a shell form Wide Open....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts