Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've read through various postings about buffeting about the head and it seems like the number 1 way to deal with it is change out the windshield. I kinda like the looks of my windshield so I was wondering how much buffeting was eliminated by the use of these:

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/2627/victory-motorcycle-parts-windshields-deflectors-general-accessories-cross-country-roads-hardball-motorcycles-lower-flat-black-sc-585/

Has anyone installed these without replacing their windshield? I'm wondering how much of a difference they'll really make.

Also, are there any other methods besides the two above and installing hard lowers?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
538 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I noticed today on the highway there is quite a bit of air blowing "up" from the tank at speed. I personally don't like the look of the fork mounted wind deflectors.
I'm going to add the fairing mounted adjustable deflectors as a winter project next year. I believe these will eliminate or seriously cut the up draft and can be turned up for good air flow at slower speeds. I don't want to feel like I'm in a car when I'm on my bike.

http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2878527(PolarisPGACatalog)

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I've been told by many, that the #1 best mod to beat the blast of air from the XC forged bars are the Vic Soft Lower covers (Colder Weather). I don't know why I didn't listen then, but I decided to go with the fork mounted deflectors....Not much help.

I installed the XCT windshield on my XC in the fall months and that really helped, but I still had the blast of air rushing up keeping me chilled.

My new XCT has solved all that. thumb up

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought a set of the fork mounted wind deflectors that Goody makes from Witch Doctors and they are great. That combined with my 11" Cee Baileys windshield has pretty much ended my buffeting issues.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
JTD lowers and a Klockwerks tinted flip shield. Eliminated all my buffeting issues while still giving me a comfortable in the breeze kinda ride. Stereo is easy to hear now and the combination of the two looks great on the bike like they belong there. At 5' 9" its a winner for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts