Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I don't play in the political, gun, or other such like threads, thought I might start a weekly thread picking on a topic and you can chime in on it if you like. All bitching, cannot have any positive comments... If all goes well, this might even make this a happier fourm and group of Victory Owners... thumb up

"You know what grinds my Gears? Drivers not knowing the laws concering turns!"
Just to get your day started on the wrong foot, on coming traffic making a right hand turn with a solid GREEN light while your waiting to make a left and they stop in their lane trying to get you to go JUST because you inched of the line a bit! Totally disrupting the traffic and now causing the cars behind THEM to back up resulting in the end of you sitting through a red light. Whats worse? Making a right hand turn and the car in front of you does this!
Yea, that really grinds my gears. wac (Credit to Peter; Family Guy)

·
Administrator
5,975 Posts
Well since I don't play in the political, gun, or other such like threads, thought I might start a weekly thread picking on a topic and you can chime in on it if you like. All bitching, cannot have any positive comments... If all goes well, this might even make this a happier fourm and group of Victory Owners... thumb up

"You know what grinds my Gears? Drivers not knowing the laws concering turns!"
Just to get your day started on the wrong foot, on coming traffic making a right hand turn with a solid GREEN light while your waiting to make a left and they stop in their lane trying to get you to go JUST because you inched of the line a bit! Totally disrupting the traffic and now causing the cars behind THEM to back up resulting in the end of you sitting through a red light. Whats worse? Making a right hand turn and the car in front of you does this!
Yea, that really grinds my gears. wac (Credit to Peter; Family Guy)
I don't mind dumb drivers. As long as they're paying attention and doing their best, that's all I ask of them. I'll take them anyday over distracted drivers sipping coffee, texting, and putting on make-up as they run into my lane. :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That grinds my gears too ... and here's another one;

Cagers turning either right or left onto a 4 lane street and going immediately into the opposite lane.

Since when did the rule of "turn into the closest lane and then merge over when safe" become obsolete?

Driver #1 making a right turn into the right lane ... (correct)
Driver #2 making a left turn from opposite direction cuts across to the right lane, cutting off Driver #1 (WRONG)

Another one that grinds my gears ... 4 lane street with a right turn merge (a long one) .... driver in the merge stops and waits for traffic to clear (WRONG)

oh don't get me started LOL

·
Registered
450 Posts

Cagers turning either right or left onto a 4 lane street and going immediately into the opposite lane.

Since when did the rule of "turn into the closest lane and then merge over when safe" become obsolete?

Driver #1 making a right turn into the right lane ... (correct)
Driver #2 making a left turn from opposite direction cuts across to the right lane, cutting off Driver #1 (WRONG)

Another one that grinds my gears ... 4 lane street with a right turn merge (a long one) .... driver in the merge stops and waits for traffic to clear (WRONG)

oh don't get me started LOL
WHAT HE SAID!!!! YES! I KNOW IM YELLING! MY GEARS WERE GROUND MULTIPLE TIMES GOING TO/FROM WORK TODAY!!!!cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
What grinds my gears?
How about turning off those high beams when you see oncoming traffic? Its not like you need to feel around for a foot switch like the old days.
While we're talking about switches- a note to cagers: See that thin lever on the left side of the steering column? ITS CALLED A DIRECTIONAL- USE IT SOMETIME!!!!!!
OK I'm done grinding.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Oh one more thing to tear up the syncros: Is it possible for Cal-Trans to simply fix a stretch of pavement without turning the whole freeway into a war zone for years on end? I'm wondering how long this I215 project (now in year 2) will take. After all they were able to finish the Riverside interchange in just 12 short years.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Oh one more thing to tear up the syncros: Is it possible for Cal-Trans to simply fix a stretch of pavement without turning the whole freeway into a war zone for years on end? I'm wondering how long this I215 project (now in year 2) will take. After all they were able to finish the Riverside interchange in just 12 short years.
The big dig in Boston took 20 years, and was 1000 times more money then the original estimate, you want to see a war zone, looked like a nuclear holocaust ,and one of the newest tunnels ceiling is falling down already... No politics involved in that deal....:crzy:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Pulling in the right lane when the middle is open and sitting there for the whole light instead of turning right on red, bright lights at night because your too cheap to replace one burnt out headlight, people who don't tip at restaurants

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Standing behind someone in the gas station convenience:mad: store , buying a carton of cigs with their EBT card then getting in their new chevy Tahoe at the pump...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
IDIOTS who drive with their left foot on the brake pedal, continuously causing their brake lights to come on for no frikken reason!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
People that STOP in a merge lane :mad:
hey, I already said that! ... you're not allowed to repeat someone else's ....

:) :ltr: :nanana:

(just kiddin)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
People in the grocery check out writing a check.
What is this 1959?

The best ever though.....
At Walmart a woman in front of us using her taxpayer funded debit card, they had to scan every item, and then change the price to the price that the government has agreed to pay for each particular item.

Shopping on my taxes, and I had to wait in line and watch this B.S.
and she had 3 times as much chit in her cart as we did ( we both work).

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
People in the grocery check out writing a check.
What is this 1959?

The best ever though.....
At Walmart a woman in front of us using her taxpayer funded debit card, they had to scan every item, and then change the price to the price that the government has agreed to pay for each particular item.

Shopping on my taxes, and I had to wait in line and watch this B.S.
and she had 3 times as much chit in her cart as we did ( we both work).
8Ball , sounds like we are on the same wave length.....:D

·
Registered
539 Posts

Amen Brother

I thought I was the only one left who knew this rule.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The big dig in Boston took 20 years, and was 1000 times more money then the original estimate, you want to see a war zone, looked like a nuclear holocaust ,and one of the newest tunnels ceiling is falling down already... No politics involved in that deal....:crzy:
No tunnels here, just tore up pavement that pulls your wheel every which way and no shoulders- just dividers. That way the road debris piles up against the divider so you can't safely ride on the left side of the left (#1) lane or the right side of the right (#3 or #4 depending) lane. At least the rest of my commute is decent.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts