1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
PaiN, I'm glad you put "tourer" in quotes. I can no more assume that humping a watermelon riding position than fly. Maybe a 19 year old can, but can they afford it and the insurance premiums that bike will demand.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
The Ultimate Sports Tourer for sure!
Id tour on my GPZ900R all day....this bikes really an evolution of the same concept.
Ok if ya got the dough.
Its a lot of buggs bunny for a bike.
But its a lot of bike.
Does it come with a "get out of jail free" card?

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If a supercharged Ninja is too much for your touring tastes ...then luck you :) HD just came out with the polar opposite "tourer"

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These choices and everything in between ....honestly, if my XC blew up and I had to find a replacement tomorrow, I don't think I could find one on that could do all it does the way it does.... :wink

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
These choices and everything in between ....honestly, if my XC blew up and I had to find a replacement tomorrow, I don't think I could find one on that could do all it does the way it does.... :wink
If that happened and it wouldnt itd be a rebore and bottom end bearings and away ya go again.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please explain?
Do you know the process of going to 116 jugs?
For some reason I thought the "big-bore kits" included everything needed, including the jugs. I've never really looked into this upgrade before now....So I leaned today that to do this, the stock jugs actually are bored and sleeved by Lloydz.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
For some reason I thought the "big-bore kits" included everything needed, including the jugs. I've never really looked into this upgrade before now....So I leaned today that to do this, the stock jugs actually are bored and sleeved by Lloydz.
Correct...cos of the distance dynamics of living Downunder Lloyd supplied us with the Darton sleeves and I had my machine shop carry out what Lloydz wouldve done.
my thread "A very boring tale" :smile deals with it step by agonising step...
check it out if you like, these graphic pics too that I took.

·
Registered
317 Posts
All I can say personally is "That damn thing is BADASS!" I'd love to have one but won't give up my Vic to do it.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All I can say personally is "That damn thing is BADASS!" I'd love to have one but won't give up my Vic to do it.
I'd like a few hours on that Ninja...Wouldn't want to own or tour on it, but I sure would not pass on taking it for a rip :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts