Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently was looking at a Harley forum site and saw a similar post..would be good to have a thread to give insight into your best riding tips..i am sure they will be varied to such things as ;

• Cornering
  • Riding in Traffic
  • Riding in Inclement Weather
  • Animals..and obstacles
  • Clothing and attire
That may start a list going...thumb up

Derek

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sure the obvious one will be stay upright, ride to your capability..and beware drivers who are texting....

Derek:crzy:

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Never ride while asleep. :)

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
The most important thing is to PLAN AHEAD. Keep your mind several seconds ahead of your ass. Never ride in a box. Ride for where you are going to be, not where you are.

·
Registered
357 Posts
No matter how good of a rider you think you are take MRF safety course

·
Registered
111 Posts
Never have sex riding 2-up at high speeds, the outcome can be messy (pun intended) :ltr:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Make sure cars around you see you. Watch for head movements and glances in mirrors because both are indications that the driver is getting ready to change lanes. This has saved me more times than I want to try to count.

Watch out in parking lots. There is a huge percentage of people that think just using the rear view mirror is sufficient while backing out of a parking spot. These DA's don't really have any idea what is behind them because they can't see anything on either side of them. Thankfully these people have only got me while I was walking and smacking their windows and yelling got them to stop. I got backed into 2 times on Black Friday...

·
Registered
442 Posts
trust no one

·
Registered
257 Posts
Turn signals

The only thing a blinking turn signal means is that it works.

ATGATT

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Never lean over hard and scrape your knee on the ground when cornering, unless you're on your motorcycle, otherwise it really looks ridiculous.

·
Registered
442 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Never wear just a speedo and cowboy boots while riding. Unless of course you enjoy the chafing.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Take your ignition key out of your pocket BEFORE you put your gloves on.

·
Registered
229 Posts
at slow speed (in parking lot) corners...drag the rear brake slightly and the bike will handle much better. i learned that in the safety course for the boxed it figure eight.

hardest thing im dealing with going from dirt to street is trying to keep the bike more upright in the corners. using body weight instead of leaning the bike more. i look ridiculous practicing this on a hammer...

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
RIDE YOUR RIDE....stay in YOUR COMFORT ZONE...don't feel pressured to ride OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE.

·
Registered
229 Posts
plan for what "COULD" happen and not so much for what should.

dont rush life...it's short enough as it is. let the people turn instead of assuming you know they are turning and can pull out. if it looks like a tight fit entering traffic, just wait, people behind you understand your risk and if they don't, wait longer and give them a chance to think about it.cheers

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Ride as if your invisable because unfortunately to many drivers, you are.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts