Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I lowered my 12 1" with no trouble, I plan to go to 1 1/2 ish now that i have an adjustable link.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
thats what i have to put on now, ive heard from others they work great, can be adjusted roadside if needed. I had shortened my stock link for a 1" drop, now i will be putting that adjustable one in.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 13 XC was lowered 1.5" this past Monday and I have rode the bike for almost 200 miles since with out any dragging or handling difference. I did not have to change the kickstand. It still works the same. My only desire was to have the kickstand move back an inch or more cause it hard to swing it out all the way with short legs. I've learn how to do it though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 13 XC was lowered 1.5" this past Monday and I have rode the bike for almost 200 miles since with out any dragging or handling difference. I did not have to change the kickstand. It still works the same. My only desire was to have the kickstand move back an inch or more cause it hard to swing it out all the way with short legs. I've learn how to do it though.

Good info! Did you lower it? if you had a mechanic lower it, what did they charge you?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The labor was part of the package when I purchased the bike. They also changed the original windshield for a Klerkworks shield which was also installed last Monday. You can see pics on another post from Saturday. It takes about an hour to install the shorter bar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Adjustable link

I bought the adjustable link from ebay approx. 6 months ago. I lowered mine ( 2012 cc ) 1.750. So far, I have put 5000 miles on the new link with no problems, as long as you park on flat surfaces, the kickstand will clear the ground.

·
Registered
118 Posts
check out HMD520. Mike (owner) is a great guy and has the lowering links and air ride systems on sale right now.

Personally, I wanted to go low, so I went with Air Ride so I could drop and raise it when i wanted

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lowering 1" to 1.5" will usually not need a different kickstand, just be aware of parking where it slopes or drops to the right, like parallel to the curb.

The important thing is to keep an eye on the bolt in the top link, this should be a hard steel bolt, but I have seen a couple of them break. Allows the bike to drop down to an unmanageable height.

Keep in mind that since you have less travel for the rear to take a hard bump, that you need to increase the amount of air in the shock. This will naturally make it stiffer, but hopefully it won't bottom out as this is what breaks the bolt.

The air shock chart in the saddle bag is now off by some amount, depending low much you lowered it. So, for a usual 25 to 35# you might increase 20 or 25#, so 25 becomes 50#, and so on.

If you ride aggressive enough you will drag more, especially two up. The tips of the exhaust and the boards will suffer a little.

Good luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Planning on lowering my 13 XC 1.5". Any issues with dragging? Do you have to change the stand or will it work?

Mine is at 1.5" with a stock stand. It was at 3" but I kept losing my exhaust tips, so I raised it back up. I may switch to the Ebay lowering link so I can adjust it when it's sitting & I want to show it off.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts