Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read the top ten moto friendly restaurants in America and it got me thinking. Everyone has a favorite restaurant that they have never been disappointed at.

Be fun to get some of those out so that when people are traveling, if they are in the neighborhood, they can get some good food.

I'll start: Shep's BBQ, 1013 East Palestine Ave, Palestine Texas. I'm actually glad it isn't down the block or people would be calling me Bubba and I'd need overload springs on my XC. That man can cook! Best brisket, sausage and sauce going. It's just BBQ you won't get a ruben there or breakfast. Definately worth a detour if you are in that part of Texas.

·
Banned
471 Posts
Peter Lugers, 178 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11211

Biker friendly...they don't care what you are...as long as you got cash.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Norma's Seafood in Seaside, Oregon has THE BEST clam chowder and pan fried razor clams Pretty Wife and I have ever experienced. Yes, we have been all over the country. Not every nook, but a lot of it. Incedentally, was there today and had my fix. I feel much better now. :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
The Dayville Cafe in Dayville, OR.

The place is now run by a husband, wife team. She is a super nice waitress and he is not a cook. He's a chef. Everything has a special touch.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Penn's BBQ in Blytheville, Arkansas!! Hands down, THE best BBQ sandwich in America!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Seaport Grille in Gloucester, Ma. Overlooking Gloucester Harbor . All things seafood and more , the seafood goes right from the boats to their kitchen . It doesn't get fresher then that .

·
Registered
536 Posts
Dinosaur BBQ in downtown Syracuse (i'm lucky enough to work 3 blocks from there), Quaker Steak and Lube, and Texas Roadhouse are a few favorites.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Not much of a foodie.. But there used to be a place up in Payson called Dazzo's Red Hots.. Made a really great burger.. None of that pre-shaped cookie-cutter frozen patty nonsense.. Seasoned and smushed by hand. Yup! Good food thumb up

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you ever get dragged (drugged ;)) to the outlet malls in Birch Run Michigan, Tony's across the street is THE place to stop and strap on the feed bag!

Looks like a dive... is a dive..... worth the experience for sure

Portion sizes are crazy... they offer an extra plate for $0.25 so you can share! I've ordered breakfast there and the leftovers have kept me fed for the rest of the day.

In the fall they offer a "hunters special"

1 Gallon of Stew
1 Gallon of Chili
7lbs of Summer Sausage / Salami
2 loaves of house made bread

$59.95

thumb up

Mike

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you ever get dragged (drugged ;)) to the outlet malls in Birch Run Michigan, Tony's across the street is THE place to stop and strap on the feed bag!

Looks like a dive... is a dive..... worth the experience for sure

Portion sizes are crazy... they offer an extra plate for $0.25 so you can share! I've ordered breakfast there and the leftovers have kept me fed for the rest of the day.

In the fall they offer a "hunters special"

1 Gallon of Stew
1 Gallon of Chili
5lbs of Summer Sausage
2 loaves of house made bread

$49.95

thumb up

Mike
Whoa... And they have been in business how long?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Whoa... And they have been in business how long?
68 years .... Same location since 73.

www.tonysi75restaurant.com

I made a couple minor errors on the hunter special .... 7lbs of salami / summer sausage and $59.95. I edited my OP above.

Still a rediculous value for the price.

Google it and check out some of the pictures that come up .... BTW it is a 6" steak knife holding the BLT together in the pictures :crzy:

Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts