Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what your favorite AMATEUR video that you have seen online, You Tube or Vimeo? I'm talking about the short (5-10 minutes) amateur video...BUT WELL DONE.

I'm not talking about the ones with 5 minutes of loud pipes or the other extreme where the video is overlayed with BORN TO BE WILD, or some other Wild Hogs song...

Just the nicely done short videos...maybe with biker interactions and possibly even a semi-plot to it. So let's see your favorites!

I have a couple right now (actually, I think I seen them both here).

Here's my favorite so far...
http://vimeo.com/83888468

And here's another one that's about Northern Michigan which is very well done.
http://vimeo.com/87683171

·
Registered
407 Posts
In 2012 I did the Key West, FL to Prudhoe Bay, AK IBA ride on my Vision.

I took a lot of pictures but no video. When I would tell people stories about the ride on the Dalton Highway they didn't seem to believe me until I showed them these videos.

This person was on the Dalton Highway two weeks before I was and took what I think is some of the best videos of that area that I have seen.

This is part 3 and 4 of 7. wac Northern Alaska -

·
13,235 Posts
being at a whopping 23 degrees and see Rollins has some videos I made popcorn and spent the last few minuets enjoying a place I wish I could go.
Thanks Rollin

·
Registered
407 Posts
Not touring but I like this video.

This is a co-workers brother riding his BMW S1000RR at Road America. Nice view of the track at 180 mph.

Track days -

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alaska...what an EPIC trip. That was pretty amazing.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Another (short) video on the Dalton Highway I had found.

This one shows the first of only 3 gas stops on the 414 mile highway. It also shows how easy it is to miss this gas stop.

I met 2 riders that missed this gas stop. The first was a rider that had crashed and went over the side and was waiting for a helicopter to take him to a hospital in Fairbanks. Gasoline was no longer a problem for him. The next day I found out that he broke 3 ribs and his shoulder. (The truck drivers know everything that happens on that road)
The second person had to borrow gas from another rider.

The Yukon River Crossing fuel stop -

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
This is just a simple ride video, but the music gives me chicken skin every time I view it and I view it frequently.
http://vimeo.com/17982564

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far...all are excellent videos.

Anymore?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What an IDIOT!! He was definitely NO HERO.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Rollin' I was watching the first clips you posted and saw an interesting shot of a doe moose at around 5:30. I also noticed a sign around 8:30 that said next services were 240 miles away. I have never gone that far on a single tank of fuel in my Vision so I would likely have been in panic mode if I saw that sign. At least on the first video you posted I would have panicked more than once based on what they did say. I hate dirt roads so I would have not been in my element for much of that ride.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Rollin' I was watching the first clips you posted and saw an interesting shot of a doe moose at around 5:30. I also noticed a sign around 8:30 that said next services were 240 miles away. I have never gone that far on a single tank of fuel in my Vision so I would likely have been in panic mode if I saw that sign. At least on the first video you posted I would have panicked more than once based on what they did say. I hate dirt roads so I would have not been in my element for much of that ride.
Yes! 240 miles until the next gas stop.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Definitely would be on fumes ......:(

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't know who this is, just a guy and his wife on a jackpot doing what Victories do best. It is from Big Bear Lake down to Mentone/Redlands (Southern California- San Bernardino county). About a 50+ mile ride condensed to 7 minutes.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
This is just a simple ride video, but the music gives me chicken skin every time I view it and I view it frequently.
http://vimeo.com/17982564
I cut across Cali on a similar road just south of there starting out of Ft Bragg. It was my favorite road in Cali. Them boys in northern Cali got it good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts