Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got my cruise control kit now I am deciding if I should get the keyless ignition kit next or if I should get the Lloydz air filter next. I am currently leaning towards the keyless ignition kit just because I like gadgets. But since I have to take the tank off to install the cruise control it is making think I should just go ahead and do the air filter at the same time. What os everyones thoughts I would like to here some feedback on the keyless ignition/ alarm kit as well. Mainly is it worth it to ket?

·
Premium Member
13,006 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the keyless ignition. In fact I removed it from a Harley Softtail I once had. Better to use a disc lock on the front rotor with the tether to the throttle to remind you it's there for those times you park it where you want that extra security. We can't stop thieves but we can slow them down or make the next bike more likely to be stolen over yours.

Yes; upgrade your air filter when you do the cruise control.

·
12,972 Posts
Jonkillgo
first off if you pull tank unhook fuel line from the motor it will be easier then from tank. Look at your top triple tree you might see a yellow or white plastic plug. Thats where a steering lock can go from dealer. Yes do both at once and put the security company phone number in your phone and never leave home with out the fob. I did come across a rider who forgot his fob at home 80 miles away

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
I love my Scorpio/Victory keyless ignition. I'd but it again without question. I can now let the bike warm up and load whatever is needed wherever it's needed in the saddlebags or the trunk. Has your wife ever come up to the bike after warmup and when you're ready to ride off with her purse in her hand that needs to be put in a bag or the trunk? Yea, me too. It happens all the time. With the keyless ignition, no muss, no fuss, no worry at all. If you have a chance to get one, I'd do it without hesitation.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I love my Digital Guard Dog keyless ignition and highly recommend it or the equivalent from another manufacturer. I don't have to mess with finding my key in my pocket amidst my change, knife, nail clippers, chapstick, etc. I just throw a leg over, hit the switch, and ride off. The only drawback is that I did not install the accessory position switch so I cannot run the radio when the bike is turned off. This is not a big deal for me but might be for others. If so, the DGD offers the accessory position switch as an option. I did NOT get the DGD model with the added alarm as I pretty much don't live or park in high-risk areas. My homes are both gated communities with so close to zero crime that you might as well call it zero. I'm not worried about having an alarm. I do have a brake rotor lock that I use maybe once a year while on a trip somewhere and parking overnight at a sketchy hotel.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
No matter what you call it, when used as directed, it's about guaranteed to give you chapped lips. Though it's rightly named Chap Stick. Truth in advertising there for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Chap Stick is a brand of lip balm. It is the dominant brand in the US to the point where all lip balms are called "Chapstick". It also works great on chronic dry nostrils to reduce/prevent nosebleeds.

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Pawpaw ointment is the natural alternative.
Just put some on my right eye as I banged my head on a wooden pallet last night and am surprised I havent got a black eye!
And as far as cruise controls and keyless ignition, alarms and immobilisers go...I dont need any of that .
Just more crap to go wrong IMHO.
If my bikes outta my sight I have measures to secure it and its also insured for an agreed value above market value.
Also the lack of a ability to buy aftermarket frames and engine cases greatly reduces the theft rate of Victory compared with say HD where a whole industry of stuff is available to be utilised by bike thieves.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I ordered my Lloyds air filter and am gonna hop off on the keyless ignition for the time being. Or at least until the boss let's me spend the money lol. But now I just need to get some gas out of the tank and a motorcycle jack in order to start install on the cruise and intake. Now the only other question is am I going to have to add a fuel tuner since I've added the Arlen Ness big Honkers and am about to add the Lloyds intake.

·
12,972 Posts
Jonkillgo

If I'm late sorry. Unhook fuel line from motor first. That way you'll not brake nipple on tank

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ok I got my cruise control kit now I am deciding if I should get the keyless ignition kit next or if I should get the Lloydz air filter next. I am currently leaning towards the keyless ignition kit just because I like gadgets. But since I have to take the tank off to install the cruise control it is making think I should just go ahead and do the air filter at the same time. What os everyones thoughts I would like to here some feedback on the keyless ignition/ alarm kit as well. Mainly is it worth it to ket?
I forgot. Usually you dont want to add performance intake without adding performance exh. If you dont do it all at once you WILL create a lean condition. On Victory I am not 100 percent sure. The Vic shop says we are fools if we dont have the Timing wheel and Lloydes air filter so maybe its possible. I just like all my performance **** to match and be engineered to work together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts