Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are those who would like to improve power, performance and gas mileage of their new stock rides. What would you suggest they do? I know my suggestions, but unlike some, I don't feel I'm the only sharp knife in the kitchen.
I'm sure there are many who would enjoy reading your suggestions.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If I had my druthers I'd install the following: RPW Thor pipes, S&S air box and a PCIII. Then off to get the bike dyno tuned. That'd make me happier than a pig in ****.

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
so far on my well broke in Vegas 100/6
Slash pipes (Freedom Performance)
Lloydz Timing Wheel at 4 deg.
Lloydz Torque Tubes and I.A.V.
Power Commander 5 (PCV)
Booked in for another Dyno session tomorrow morning to re-tune after the Torquetubes addition...(or is that addiction?)
Burleigh Bars jazz up the steering end,
as for gas milage if I wanted that I'd ride a scooter:)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Coming from an HD(stage 1 103ci) I'm damn happy with my stock 106's power and fuel economy(43mpg avg.) so, I plan to leave it alone.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I'm going to the Vic Shop in 13 days to have the Timing wheel, PCV and Cams put in...I'm not a speed demon and I'm keeping my STOCK EXHAUST cause I like it!! I'm not so much about SPEED as I am about fuel economy and lowering the engine heat by a few degrees. But that's just me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too am new to Vic from HD. I spoke with my local tuner who has an excellent reputation and also is a Vic rider. He suggests I put on a pair of slip-ons, air cleaner and he will flash my Vic ecu.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My first mod was HID kit because I like to be able to see and be seen.

My next mod planned are the hard lowers from jtd.

Once I have the lowers on, then its play time and I'm looking at cams, timing wheel, PC-V, exhaust, and then a tune.

·
13,026 Posts
There are those who would like to improve power, performance and gas mileage of their new stock rides. What would you suggest they do? I know my suggestions, but unlike some, I don't feel I'm the only sharp knife in the kitchen.
I'm sure there are many who would enjoy reading your suggestions.
A sharp knife would of said what year and model he had. Guess the knife drawer is closed

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
:ltr: I said that too :ltr:
Unfortunately.....I've wasted so much money, not to mention my aggravation and time on trying to make the HD something its not, that even if I wanted to mod. the Vic I couldn't.
This Vic XC is everything I was looking for in a bike. My mantra for the next few years is "gas, oil, ride like crazy" :cool:

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
:ltr: I said that too :ltr:
Yeah, so did I and so did a couple of other people that H_C and I ride with. Now look at my sig line. :crzy:

Oh, and about the $$$; as H_C has been known to say...you'll get more next week. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will pass along your suggestions. I failed to mention he's thinking of getting a. 2014 Vic XC.
I suggested K&N high flow air, Cobra pipes, and a Lloyds fuel regulator as first steps in mods. Any additional suggestions or comments accepted. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I too am new to Vic from HD. I spoke with my local tuner who has an excellent reputation and also is a Vic rider. He suggests I put on a pair of slip-ons, air cleaner and he will flash my Vic ecu.
Don't do it! Start with a Lloydz ATS ($142). Ride it and feel the huge difference. Add a Power Commander V. Download the standard pipes and air filter map......feel the difference. At this point there is a huge difference over stock for under $500. Now add your pipes and hi-flow filter and see what happens. Now it's time for the dyno tune. Then of course there are the cams.....if you still feel you need a bit more...and the torque tubes.thumb upw

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm going to the Vic Shop in 13 days to have the Timing wheel, PCV and Cams put in...I'm not a speed demon and I'm keeping my STOCK EXHAUST cause I like it!! I'm not so much about SPEED as I am about fuel economy and lowering the engine heat by a few degrees. But that's just me.
im more about speed, have ness stage one kit with big honkers and filter, but with a pcv, just bought touring cams and timing wheel from lloydz and will add his airbox in the next couple weeks. im not satisfied with the power yet, i know their is mucho potential though. came off 103 with heads, throttle body, cams and thunder header, im not yet fully satisfied with power, but im in the game!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts