Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a good video or instructions of how to wire a GPS on a 2013 XC?

I'll be using Bluetooth for the directions and stuff, I really only need to hook up the power and run the wires through my fairing, or however in the hell you route the wires.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I would like to know where to get power from too , I already used the accessory leads to power my heat demons ....

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I recently installed the Zumo mount onto two 2012 XCT bikes. In both cases, I bought the Victory mount with attached wiring. This wiring on the mount ends in a particular wire connector. This connector attaches to a mating connector that is inside the fairing. This mating connector is capped with a rubber cover and is specifically designed to accept the wires from a Zumo GPS mount. This connection will allow the GPS to play through the bike stereo should you desire that. Note that an upgrade to the stereo electronics system may be needed. If so, this must be done by a Victory dealer.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
I picked up a Tom-Tom Rider. Since I don't run hard lowers plan to power the GPS from the connection that would be used to supply the 12v socket in the hard lowers.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up a Tom-Tom Rider. Since I don't run hard lowers plan to power the GPS from the connection that would be used to supply the 12v socket in the hard lowers.
Is that connector only on the XCT or is it also on the XC?

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Is that connector only on the XCT or is it also on the XC?
As far as I know its there on all XCs. I'd get a pic but I won't be installing until spring and my bike is stored right now.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
PaiN , are you going to be tapping into the bulkhead connector up under the tank ?

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
PaiN , are you going to be tapping into the bulkhead connector up under the tank ?
Yes, the connector normally meant for power to the lowers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts